Hi there, this is Kuheena Sharma from ETMarkets.com, and welcome to our special weekend podcast.
Buying the cheaper stories and selling the same at higher prices is seen as smart investing on Dalal Street. But, how smart are those investors who are chasing select largecaps even at sky-high valuations?
Price-to-earnings ratio of Nifty is hovering at 27 times against its five-year average of 24.50 with valuations of the majority of stocks in the index are trading above their industry averages. On the other hand, even the quality midcap and smallcap are down in the dumps amid the ongoing slowdown in the economy.
We met with Rusmik Oza, Head of Fundamentals Research at Kotak Securities, to share his insights on the equity market.
Hi Sir, welcome to the show
1) How do you see valuations of largecap space after the recent run-up? Is there a bubble in quality stocks?
2) Should one chase growth or value?
3) By when do you see risk appetite coming back to mid and smallcap space?
4) Ok, and which themes are you recommending right now?
5) What will be the key triggers for the market for coming days?
That’s it for now. Do check out our regular podcasts during the week and stay hooked to www.etmarkets.com for continuous news updates and investment strategies from top market honchos. Happy weekend.