- Bank’s policymakers sound warning following gating of Woodford fund
- Issue of funds with illiquid assets poses systemic risk, they say
- Bank more likely to cut interest rates in no deal Brexit, says Carney
- Jon Yeomans: Southern Water got off lightly despite its record penalty
- H&M vs Inditex: who is winning the fast fashion war?
- Sign up for our weekly Economic Intelligence newsletter here
Mark Carney has blasted investment funds with a liquidity mismatch as “built on a lie”, warning that they could pose a “systemic” risk following the suspension of Neil Woodford’s flagship fund.
Mr Carney told the Treasury Committee that the rise of such funds could create “a potential systemic issue” and…